- Friends of CCYAL! Do you miss our annual “Best of the Best” and holiday book sales?
- Parents! Are you looking for a great holiday gift for the teachers in your lives?
- Teachers and Librarians! Are you looking for an affordable way to stock your bookshelves?
- Community members! Are you looking for a great gift for your favorite youth community center/organization?
- Book Lovers! Do you just love getting books?
Then you’re going to love our new “book lovers’ bundles” donation opportunity!
Due to COVID-19, we’ve missed seeing you at our annual Best of the Best workshops and winter book sales. We know you have also missed the opportunity to buy books we are circulating out of our collection. So we are happy to launch our new “book lovers’ bundles” donation opportunity, so our books can find their way into your classrooms, libraries, homes, and hearts.
For a $25 donation to the CCYAL, you will receive one book bundle that includes 5 books for local, contactless pick-up. For a $30 donation, the bundle will be shipped to your door! You can indicate the type of books you’d like to receive (age: YA, middle grade, children’s picture books and request specific genres: realistic fiction, fantasy, STEM, mystery mix of all genres, etc.).
Example of possible bundles are pictured below. If you have questions or need more information, contact the Center Director, Dr. Susan Groenke at email@example.com or Dr. Allison Varnes at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To request a book bundle complete these steps:
- Make a donation here: https://bit.ly/ccyalgive.
- Fill out the Google Form here to provide your contact information and preferred type of book bundle(s).
To receive your books, we are offering contactless pickup in the parking lot behind Bailey Education Complex. Monday 11/8, Wednesday 11/10 and Thursday 11/11 between 3 and 5 PM. Or add your address for delivery to the comment box in the google form.
Your donation makes a big difference for the CCYAL! Your donations help us bring authors to Knoxville for face-to-face school/community organization visits and campus lectures, or to our online book clubs; help us provide books for classroom teachers and librarians; and help us provide professional development and instructional resources for teachers and librarians. We appreciate your support in making these things possible through your donation! All donations are tax deductible. You will receive a gift receipt via email. You can make your donation at https://bit.ly/ccyalgive.